Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pet Snake!

Not too long ago Keith was walking down stairs and he thought there was a string on the stairs and then he saw it move and it was a baby snake!!! WHAT!! On the bottom stair hanging out! I ran and got a container for him and then we managed to migrate it to this jar. Jace was so excited! We weren't sure what kind of a snake it was...we thought maybe a rattle snake so we were pretty scared.. Keith and Miguel searched all over to see if there was maybe a nest or any signs of other snakes.. but there werent any more to be found.. thanks goodness. SO we kept it in the jar for about two weeks. and Jace was so excited that he was going to be able to take it to preschool for their pet unit:) The snake made it's presence at Jace's school and then we were ready to be done with it. (mainly because we thougt it was a rattler) The kids in Jace's class thought it was pretty cool. Finally we took it to the vet to see what kind it was and it was only a gardener snake. We were glad about that. We let the vet take it to his house to help out with his bugs. The vet thought I was a little bit crazy for not wanting to take it home and put it in my yard:) It was fun for Jace while it lasted:)


2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

That is crazy that it was in your house! I would have freaked out!

Ercanbracks said...

Yikes! This scares me, I HATE snakes! I am very impressed that you let Jace keep it for a while. Are there really snakes in WYO in the winter? Sheesh!

Me and my man still in love after six years!

Me and my man still in love after six years!
Camping at wood river