Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's finally payed off

Well the other day I got some of Jace's baby clothes out of the garage that we have been hauling around for 4 years now and started going through the size that Kannon is in now. I was so excited to open a tote that had a lot of 18 month clothes that were still in very good shape and still cute! I wasn't sure how this was going to work (since this is the first time I've had to use the hand-me-downs that I have kept with Ashlyn being in the middle of my boys) and occasionally would get sick of them taking up so much space, but it has payed off! :) I am so glad that I kept them! Even the clothes that are a little too worn for nice clothes they will be great play/park clothes!!! So all you mothers who don't like clutter or are not sure about keeping your clothes for your younger kids-KEEP THEM!:) What great day it was!!:)

5 comments:

Kara said...

That's exactly what I needed to hear. Because we are packing and moving I am so tempted to throw everything away and start fresh...especially all those totes of clothes. Thanks for the reminder!

Stacey said...

Great little surprise for you! It paid off and you can use them again! Good for you!

5-against-1 said...

It does pay off!!! I still have clothes from when Shelby was a baby and that is almost 9 yrs ago.
I don't ever have to buy very many new clothes, I just go shopping in my basement. Yahoo for you!!!

Caranna said...

With three little boys were rotate through the hand me downs pretty regularly.
Every few months I go down stairs and pull out the next size. It has saved a lot of money (clothes are expensive.) But after have three + previous owned most of our clothes are ready to be retired.
So next baby, boy OR girl, will probably be needing some new ones! :)

nina said...

I know just what you mean. I didn't save anything of Kayla's and I had to buy all new.
I JUST pulled out all of Callie's old things and went through them for our new baby and I was so glad to have them.

Me and my man still in love after six years!

Me and my man still in love after six years!
Camping at wood river