Okay so I think that I have a moment to catch up on some of the fun and exciting things that have happened in our lives lately.:) Keith is home from yet another hunting trip (only an 2 nighter) and he got the kids to bed, my house is quiet! Nice break for me... Anyways so I haven't even posted about Halloween yet. I think I'll start there:
This year Jace took a while deciding on what he wanted to be. If we were anywhere and there were costumes, he would pick one and then change his mind, etc. Finally one day pretty close to Halloween we were in Walmart and he saw a bumble bee costume from Transformers. That was it! He was hooked!:) Ashlyn wanted to be lip gloss (she is very into lips gloss:) so I was trying to think of how I should make her into lip gloss, but she changed her mind too and wanted to be a princess. So off we went to find her a princess dress. I checked out the princess dresses in the Halloween section and knew that they were the same price as the princess dresses in the toy
section (which are better quality) so I am looking with her and she decideds on Cinderella for a moment:) As we are leaving the Barbie dresses
caught her eye and then she was hooke
d on a bright pink and purple and gold barbie dress:) She was excited so after a few, "are you sures", and "don't you want to be Cinderella" :) She was Barbie. Kannon was easy. I looked through all our
costumes and decided that he would be the tiger that Jace was on his first halloween and that was that. He didn't change his mind once:)!!! Here are some of the pics I got. I was hoping for a better photo opp, but the chance never arose after that. Oh well:
This year Jace took a while deciding on what he wanted to be. If we were anywhere and there were costumes, he would pick one and then change his mind, etc. Finally one day pretty close to Halloween we were in Walmart and he saw a bumble bee costume from Transformers. That was it! He was hooked!:) Ashlyn wanted to be lip gloss (she is very into lips gloss:) so I was trying to think of how I should make her into lip gloss, but she changed her mind too and wanted to be a princess. So off we went to find her a princess dress. I checked out the princess dresses in the Halloween section and knew that they were the same price as the princess dresses in the toy
section (which are better quality) so I am looking with her and she decideds on Cinderella for a moment:) As we are leaving the Barbie dresses
The picture on the bottom right was Jace's preschool halloween party day. He was so excited that he got to wear his costume all day to school.:)
We also went to the Rec Center Halloween Party. My friend Rosy and I took our kids. Keith was at Pete's bachalor party playing pait ball and I decided to take the kids to the party. That was just a little bit crazy with all the people and fun things to do all at once:) The kids had a great time so that was good for them.
Halloween night I took the kids trick-or-treating on main street to the business. ( Keith had to work) They had a good time seeing all the other kids in their costumes. They blocked off main street and the business had candy for the kids. I love that they do this in Cody because my kids still get the treats they are so excited for and we can do it all in about an hour. It's great!:) After main street we had a toddler halloween party at Midway with friends. We had a birthday cake for Dade (Rosy's son who was born on halloween) and some crafts for the kids and games, and more food and treats! We had a good time. After the party we headed to a haunted house at the eagles club. That was a lot of fun. Jace wanted to go really bad so we took him knowing that Keith could just hold him the whole time if it got too scary for him and he could hide his face. He loved it! (it was a good one, but not too scary). We had a lot of fun and were ready for bed when we got home!!!



2 comments:
Wow, sounds like an exciting halloween! :) The kids look great in their costumes.
I love that your local pumpkin patch is the same as mine however mines in Cedar City. love the costumes, as they get older they play a big role in picking out what they want to be for Halloween. Can't figure out why:)
Post a Comment