Some of you may remember when my sister Morgan gave her first baby up for adoption when she was a junior in high school. Well we have been so blessed to be able to keep in contact with him (his name is Carter) and his family. He was placed with the greatest couple ever!!! They have given him what I feel every child needs. A mom and a dad working together and loving each other. He is being raised in the gospel (a huge blessing to us) and is a very sweet, polite, handsome, and happy young boy! About every six months I usually talk to his mom on the phone (Antionette) and she feels us in and also we just love to chat. It is pretty crazy that we are as close as we are! Her and Brady (Carter's dad) are amazing!! We always joke that Antionette really should have been born into our family :) Anyways, I was talking to her on the phone one day and had a great conversation with her. Later she called me back and said that she was sick of missing us and that her and Brady just decided to take a road trip with their kids and come and visit. They also have some other friends that live in the area and so they were going to visit everyone while they were here! I was so excited and my mom was just beside her self!! We were so happy that we were going to be able to see carter outside of a photo or video, and see how he talked, walked, laughed, etc!!!! When they came, they stayed the first night with my mom in Lovell, then they came and stayed the next two nights with us. We had so much fun!!!!! It was great to be able to see Carter! He probably thought we were all weird because we wanted to take so many pictures and were just so excited to see him. He knows that he is adopted (they have 3 other kids that they were able to adpot also, so adoption is just a part of who they are), and he knows that he came out of Morgan's belly, but Carter didn't know that he was going to see his birth family. He knew they were going to visit some friends that they hadn't seen for a while. This was good for him because he is only 5 and that could be way too much for him to take in at this point.
Anyways, it was great to see him. They came to church with us, and then we had a big dinner at my aunt Kim's house and we had a blast!! It was fun to see him dance with all the kids (he has great rythm), he loved to play the video games, he sings so good. Words can't express how wonderful it was to see him and know that he is where he is supposed to be and that he is being well taken care of! Adoption can be a great blessing. We are so grateful that Antionette and Brady let us be a part of them and allow us to see our sweet nephew. We love you Carter!!!!
The pictures below Left to right: Morgan and Antionette, Jace and Carter eating lunch, Carter and Jace wearing the jamas that grandma Vicki got them last Christmas, and Joey playing video games with Carter.
Also the last picture is of Jace and his cousin Micah. He and his family was able to stay with us the night before Carter got there. Jace was so excited to see him too! He loves his cousins!!
10 comments:
Brook that is such a great story. What a blessing to be in touch with Carer. I love your family picture, too. Your kiddos are gorgeous, but that is no surprise because they have beautiful parents!! Tell Keith that Tony wants to know if the boys are going to be wrestlers...??? ;-0
That is so great that you guys get to stay in touch with them.
I'm so glad that Carter is doing well. Antoinette seems perfect for him! Carter is SO CUTE! :)
Yay!! I'm glad that this has all worked out so great for your family.
wow that is so great...how awesome is that...to be able to keep in touch with him and the adoptees...so many BLESSINGS!!!hey who took the pic of you all at the top of your page? it is good...I sitll want to do you pics though so please call me so we can get together to do that...before it gets to cold.xo's
Oh, that is so special. It brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing to have such an open family. Kayla has some half sister's out there somewhere. But we haven't ever talked about it. And I don't really know anything about their families or anything. I'm not sure if Kayla even knows. I'm definately not keeping it from her. But just waiting for the right time to tell her I guess.
That is such a wonderful story. My sisters adopted girls also get to keep in touch with their birth parents, and it has been good for all of them. But what a good feeling for your family as you know that Carer is being taken care of a being raised in the Gospel!
That's an awesome, inspiring story! Thanks for sharing with us. I bet it's great to have that reassurance that he's in a good home and being taken care of.
I am so glad you blogged about Carter. This is such a neat story, with such a happy ending. It is amazing that Carter's family is so kind to keep in close touch with your family. That is so neat.
Hello Brook-I love what you wrote. Thanks for letting us stay with you. We miss you. Love antoinette
Post a Comment