Friday, November 21, 2008

Ashlyn says, "Guess What..."

Yesterday we had two boys over for the afternoon. Chance and Conner Moss. Chance is Jace's best friend at school and Conner is his little brother. (Ashlyn is in Nursery with him) Anyway, Bobbie (their mom) and I trade babysitting, which has been wonderful! So they were over playing and having a good time. They were up to the table eating lunch and Ashlyn goes up to Chance and says, "Guess What Chance... I kiss boys!!!!:)" Then she just started laughing. I was right there and started laughing myself. Chance just looked at her like, "What in the world." It was pretty funny. After I was done laughing, I told her that she is only alound to kiss her daddy and her brothers on the cheek. NO other boys. She is only 2 1/2, I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.
When Keith got home, I was telling him the story. He didn't think it was too funny. After I was done telling him, he instantly was talking to Ashlyn as to why she isn't supposed to kiss boys and that his little girls doesn't kiss boys, etc. Then this morning when Ashlyn woke up and came to give us her moring loves, Keith starts telling her again that his girl doesnt' kiss boys, and asking her, "You don't kiss boys, right." "Only daddy, hugh." I was laughing to myself. Not that I think that it's okay for her to kiss boys, but I was thinking that she is only 2 1/2 and Keith is so worried about it.:) She is his little girl:) I can only imagine when she starts dating. :) I am gratefuyl that Ashlyn has a daddy that cares about her and is always informing.

PS: Ashlyn is doing pretty well at potty training. I am pretty proud of her and how she keeps trying and trying. If she does have an accident she says, "I'm sorry momma." It just melts my heart and I can't even be mad at her. She is doing so much better and doesn't throw a fit when I try to take her. What a wonderful girl I have:)

9 comments:

Julie Anne said...

Haha.. that is so cute! You should ask my mom sometime about the stuff -I- use to say when I was her age... Keith would be grateful she is just talking about kissing! :)

Michaell & Madison said...

haha i wonder where she gets that from...ha ha! ashlyn is so stinkin cute...I LOVER HER!!!

nina said...

Glad to hear that Ashlyn is doing good potty training. I think that's funny she says "Sorry Mom." Callie says something similar when she accidentally wets. She has Dora the Explorer pullups and when she wets she says: "Sorry Dora, Sorry! It's okay, Dora."

Funny kids ;)

Stacey said...

well, look out to the boys in her future!! If Keith is anything like Tony(must be that wrestling mentality)....funny stuff!

Caranna said...

What a funny girl! I'm always surprised at the things that come out of my kids' mouths!
But Keith should be preparing his talk now! That way he will have it perfected by the time she IS dating and it IS a serious issue! ;)
I guess there's one reason I can be glad we don't have any daughters!

It is so sweet when they apologize so nice isn't it? It sure makes it hard to stay mad at them!!

Ranee` said...

That is seriously so funny. I can totally see Keith doing that and it makes me remember why my husband is so petrified to have a little girl! :)

Trevor & Andrea said...

that is a funny story! what a cutie

Renae and Keith said...

Such cute babies!!!!

Stacey said...

Let Keith know that Tony was so excited to see him! Please have him keep in touch! He was thrilled that Guy and he stopped by, it made his day! I hope you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

Me and my man still in love after six years!

Me and my man still in love after six years!
Camping at wood river